Sign in to follow this  
Ashrum54

Favorite Perk?

So far my favorite perk has to be Demo. Good AoE damage, as well as high damage output against the larger enemies.

So whats you perk and why?

Very hard decision. Recently I've really been enjoying firebug, as I really like the touch-and-burn mechanic, but long-term I have to say Sharpshooter is my favourite. As long as you can get to them before someone starts angering them, I can support the team by taking out just about all of the scrakes and fleshpounds. Really takes proper teamwork and cooperation though. Plenty of different pistol combos are sufficient to take out the rest of the baddies.

I also have to throw my love in for beserker- It's fun being in the middle of everything, adrenaline rush and improvising everything. I play katana of course, then get a dwarfs axe for independent husks and sirens, rushing scrakes (cuz you can knock them back) and of course fleshpounds. I'm usually the crazy beserker that rushes the fleshpound with my axe after all my armour's gone, hey, it works sometimes.

My favorite is firebug. I love just running off by myself and letting enemies close in on my in groups, and then I just torch all of them at once. It works so well. I also keep dual flare revolvers on me, so that I can easily take out any scrake. The condition damage from the fire is enough to whittle down any enemy while they close in on you, giving you time to let them burn it out while you run, or you can quickly finish them off.

Very hard decision indeed! I love berserker, demo, support, sniper, firebug in that order. I do think it is best to know how all the classes work in order to help your teammates better. Beserker, sniper, and support are the easiest solo classes, and demo is the worst solo class. Does this make demo a poor choice? Of course not! Demo is awesome, if you have a full team that keeps the small stuff and scrakes under control. The classes that kill everyone great are sniper and support, which is why I sometimes play them more when the team needs a little more firepower vs scrakes and fleshpounds. Still, I prefer to have demos kill fleshpounds over snipers, because demos are faster, and you get to see fun explosions! :)

When I did play, I always played Demo.  I loved the AOE damage along with being able to own the tougher mobs with pipebombs.

I agree with james on this one, My favorite may be demo, but learning to play all classes is important to work well in any team. Not only does it give you more flexibility when it comes to each situation, but it also allows you to bypass some of the potential issues of certain combinations. Like Demo and Sniper. The smoke clouds from explosives make aiming down the line much harder as it obscures your vision. Learning both helps you anticipate what the other players may do, giving you a better chance to properly compensate or try to minimize the effect you have on other perks, raising overall efficiency,

Just my two cents though.

OOooooo which perk..... yes which perk....  It really depends...     1. On group structure  2.  map layout   3. survival chances  

so, my favs in order 

1. Berserker

2. Firebug

3. Demo

4. Sharpy

5. Support

6. Commando

7. Medic

Biggest tip I can give you, learn to play the classes as best you can... then get a hold of James and I and learn to kite on HOE maps =-)